The Power of Affirmations
Affirmations are positive statements that influence and inspire people personally. Here are some of our favourite affirmations.
Every thought we have has the power to be constructive or destructive.
We are literally shaping our future with the thoughts we think, and not just in a metaphysical and energetic sense.
Our thoughts effect our behaviour, influence the decisions we make and alter the perceptions we hold about ourselves and our reality. Positive thinking can manifest positive change in our lives, boost our immune systems, and actually make us happier on a day-to-day basis.
To live our best lives we must become aware of our thoughts. Consciously choose thoughts which are positive, uplifting and ultimately beneficial. Affirmations are powerful tools to ensure our thoughts are coming from a place of love, joy, infinite possibility and abundance. If said often enough, our thoughts have the power to change the way we think on a subconscious level. They are also a great way to bring about awareness, focus and clarity. The word affirmation comes from the Latin word affirmare, meaning “to make steady, strengthen”.
As Dr. Carmen Harra of the Huffington Post, writes: “affirmations strengthen us, by helping us believe in the potential of an action we desire to manifest. When we verbally affirm our dreams and ambitions, we are instantly empowered with a deep sense of reassurance that our wishful words will become reality.”
Here are a few of our favourite affirmations:
- “I am the architect of my life. I build its foundation and choose its contents.”
- “My body is healthy. My mind is brilliant. My soul is tranquil.”
- “I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and let them go.”
- “My potential to succeed is infinite.”
- “Creative energy surges through me and I am open to new ideas.”
Some beautiful affirmations if you are going through a really difficult time may be as simple as:
- “There is a blessing in every storm.”
- “This too shall pass.”
- “I surrender and trust a solution will be presented to me.”
Other, simple affirmations, may be:
- “I am beautiful, I am strong, I am capable.”
- “I’ve got this.”
- “I believe in myself.”
- “I love and respect myself.”
- “I am ready to live my best life.”